Saturday, February 29, 2020

Bunny Easter and Jesus Easter. How do I celebrate both?








Hi there! I have been meaning to share this idea for YEARS, but have never considered doing a blog on it. Blogs scared me! Do I have anything important enough to share? Is it worth taking the time to put things together only to forget to post it? Well, it's time. I have so much to share with the world!

3 of my children with my angora bunny kits in 2015

So. Back to Bunny Easter and Jesus Easter.

April 2012 DIY Easter Buckets

I have 4 children and when they were little, my husband was often deployed over the holidays so I wanted to make the holiday a bit special for the kids. One Easter, I was thinking about the real meaning of the weekend and wanted to find a way to separate the fun bunny from the spiritual Jesus.
So I came up with Bunny Easter! Bunny Easter is super fun, we go to all the egg hunts, the Easter bunny brings his basket with the toys and candies, and we get to celebrate all the Hallmark things of the holiday. It's fabulous! I just read on another blog that their kids wanted to leave out carrots as treats for the easter bunny - how fun is that!


We skipped the buckets in 2015 because the reester eggs didn't fit!


This leaves Saturday night and Sunday for Jesus Easter. I love to make resurrection rolls on Saturday night so we can talk about the story of the crucifixion and wake up to yummy sweetness for breakfast before we head to church to worship and learn more of Jesus. This website has a great explanation of how to do this with the story - Resurrection Roll Story and Recipe


I know this is doesn't really go into detail - I'll leave that up to you and your family! Please let me know in the comments if this inspires you to start your own Bunny Easter Tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment